Blackcoin More Client v220.127.116.11-4e9af875c9
This release uses the latest version of Berkeley DB (6.2.38). We upgraded from version 6.2.32. More information on the changes between the versions, can be found here.
We upgraded to this version in order to fix the "missing utxos" issue some people were experiencing. The amount of BLK showing in the wallet was not correct, when compared to an online block explorer. Please read everything below BEFORE upgrading.
Zapping wallet fixes the “missing utxos” problem:
zapwallettxes=2 command frees up coins staked onto the chain by “zapping” away the bad transactions. This command tells the wallet to cancel these transactions and not to restore any related metadata. Using the
zapwallettxes=2 command on startup, on the lower side of the launch screen, Blackmore-Qt will very briefly show “Zapping all transactions from wallet…” and then “Rescanning…”. The blackmored client will show zapping and re-scanning in debug.log messages.
The clients will be unresponsive to commands while they are re-scanning. When the client finally starts, the missing coins should be restored.
With this new version of the Berkeley DB software used to compile the Blackcoin More wallet, the problem should be solved.
To start the process, please compare current amount against a blockchain explorer.
If you are missing coins (utxos) follow these steps:
- Backup your wallet to a safe location (wallet.dat file) and shutdown your client
Did you backup your wallet? This is very important!
- Add the parameter
-zapwallettxes=2to the startup command (e.g. alter the startup link to
- Start your wallet and wait until the process is finished and compare balance again against a blockchain explorer.
- All should be fine again. Please remove the
-zapwallettxes=2and make a NEW backup of your wallet to a safe location.
- Shutdown you client again and upgrade the Blackcoin More software.
If you are not missing coins (utxos) follow these steps:
- Backup your wallet to a safe location (wallet.dat file) and shutdown your client.
- Upgrade the Blackcoin More software and start the new wallet software.
All should be fine. But if you lost coins (utxos), please follow the steps explained above and use the
-zapwallettxes=2 startup parameter as explained in steps 1 - 4 from the first list.
Please let us know if you run into any issues, but also let us know if it helped.
Go to https://blackcoinmore.org for more information on all the available support channels.
The Blackcoin More Team
BlackcoinNL supported chatrooms:
- BlackcoinNL Discord Invite -> https://discord.gg/EmWf2teMma
- Discord for countries that block it -> https://www.blackcoin.nl/chat-service-bridge/
- Telegram by BlackcoinNL -> T.me/BlackcoinNL
- Keybase -> https://keybase.io/blackcoin
Other commonly used Blackcoin Social Media:
- IRC -> https://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=blackcoin
- Gitter -> https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub/
- Reddit -> https://reddit.com/r/blackcoin
- BlackcoinNL Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinNL
- BlackcoinOrg Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinOrg
- BlackcoinOrg Facebook -> https://facebook.com/BlackcoinOrg