A dust attack affected Legacy Blackcoin clients in late Sept. 2020
Update: these attacks have continued since this article was written!
As a result, many are choosing to upgrade to the Blackcoin More client after their Legacy Blackcoin clients experienced forking from the main chain due to the dust attack.
If we look at https://www.stakingrewards.com/earn/blackcoin/metrics we can see the total network weight dropped twice. From September 13th to September 19th total netstakeweight dropped from over 30% to around 16%.
We hope that people notice that their client is running on a forked chain by comparing their transactions to a public Blockchain Explorer.
Learn how with this article!
If you find your client has been affected, you should be able to bootstrap your Legacy client and reload your wallet.dat.
You may need to manually add nodes!
After that, you can either continue on the Blackcoin Legacy client, or upgrade to Blackcoin More.
BlackcoinNL supported chatrooms:
- BlackcoinNL Discord Invite -> https://discord.gg/hjNUgWD
- Discord for countries that block it -> https://www.blackcoin.nl/chat-service-bridge/
- Telegram by BlackcoinNL -> T.me/BlackcoinNL
- Keybase -> https://keybase.io/blackcoin
Other commonly used Blackcoin Social Media:
- IRC -> https://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=blackcoin
- Gitter -> https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub/
- Reddit -> https://reddit.com/r/blackcoin
- BlackcoinNL Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinNL
- BlackcoinOrg Twitter -> https://twitter.com/BlackcoinOrg
- BlackcoinOrg Facebook -> https://facebook.com/BlackcoinOrg